Since 22/04, dental practices in The Netherlands are open for regular patient care, under strict provisions.
Worldwide, there is talk of the coronavirus pandemic. The essence of the Dutch approach is to maximally control the virus while protecting vulnerable groups. This means that for the time being we can only allow people in the practice if we know with certainty that they are healthy.
We may not admit you into the practice if you belong to one of the following categories:
- You now have corona or you have been cured of corona for less than 2 weeks.
- You have roommates / family members with corona
- You have one or more of the following symptoms: cold, sneezing, cough, sore throat, tightness, fever (even hay fever counts)
- You have roommates / family members with one or more of these symptoms
- You are in home isolation
- You live in a nursing home or institution for people with disabilities
Some important additional instructions:
- Because hand hygiene appears to be an important source of infection during this virus outbreak, we will ask you to disinfect your hands with hand alcohol when you enter the practice. Afterwards, we request that you do not touch your face or objects such as mobile phones.
- In the waiting room and when making appointments, we try to keep the 1.5 meter distance, as advised by the government and public health institutions.
- Do not arrive too early, so preferably just before the appointment time.
- Follow the instructions of our staff.
- Come to your appointment alone. If strictly necessary, one parent or supervisor may come along.
- Leave the practice as soon as possible after your treatment.
- We will receive you with a smile but we will not shake your hand.
In the treatment room, we adhere to the Infection Prevention Directive in Oral Care Practices and we have taken additional hygiene measures.